Perfect for those one-off projects, our 12.5m spools of #20 MBT thread help you experiment with more colours and while keeping the cost down.
MBT Supersew is an in-bonded polyester thread made specifically for working with leather, either through hand stitching or machine. Produced by the Japanese company Nagai Yoriito who has been manufacturing threads for over 100 years. Nagai Yoriito manufactures many types of threads including Vinymo MBT. Supersew and Vinymo are both in-bonded thread and both manufactured by Nagai Yoriito however Vinymo is sold under another brand in Japan. You may wonder what the difference between these threads is? Supersew MBT offers its full-color range in all available sizes including #20. Where Vinymo offers a wider range of colors however a smaller variety of sizes.
Nagai Yoriito has spent many years perfecting their threads, many of which you would of seen and used in your daily life. As you will find them in many products such as Leathergoods, sporting goods, clothing, and also the Mars probe!
MBT Polyester bonded thread features:
- Hand & Machine compatible
- A wide range of 70 colors and 4 sizes.
- Maintains UV resistance over prolonged exposures; great for outdoor and frequent use items.
- In-bonded construction to help reduce friction and fraying when machine sewing and also minimizes split ends when cutting.
- No external coating.
- Slight stiffer construction helps reduce tangles
- Bright color finish
- Excellent UV resistance as well as resistance to mildew, acids, and bleaches
Size | DTEX | TEX | |Tensile Strength | Average diameter
Size #20 | 775 DTEX | 77.5 TEX | 48N | 0.3mm
Size #8 | 1000 DTEX | 100 TEX | 63N | 0.45mm
Size #5 | 1680 DTEX | 168 TEX | 102N | | 0.6mm